I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
11.12.2007
Road Block
I've hit a major road block. I got my kids' stupid cold. Ok, maybe not a major road block, but a block just the same. This week was supposed to be the first official week of my 1/2 marathon training. I spent the better part of last week researching different training plans and found a couple that I was going to combine to make my own. Basically, the majority of the plans I found had me running twice during the week and then having a long run on the weekend. Slowly increasing that long run of course. It also involved cross training days and my favorite, 'rest' days. After that great run on Thursday morning, I was feeling really great and excited to push myself on Sunday for my first official long run. Enter road block. The boys have been sick with a cold/upper respiratory thing for a good 3 weeks now. I've been fighting it big time but it seems that the bug finally won. I was feeling kind of crappy on Friday but tried to ignore it. When I woke up on Saturday, it was all in my head. You know that feeling - that totally stuffed head, achy body feeling. I thought about pushing through it and trying to do my long run that day but then decided that if I took it easy, I'd feel much better by Sunday and therefore, much more able to handle a run. I wish I had pushed through on Saturday. By Sunday, it had moved to my throat/lungs and I felt 10 times worse. I know, I know...I sound like a baby, but I'm not kidding! I was winded just walking up the stairs! So, I skipped Sunday as well. And now here it is Monday, and I'm still sitting here. I have the Freeze Your Gizzard 5k on Saturday morning so I've got to get myself out there this week. Besides the fact that I have a race on Saturday, I just hate to take days off because when I do finally get back out there, it's like starting all over again. After feeling so great on Thursday, I really hope it's not a huge struggle when I do finally get back out there. Then there is the added difficulty of running during the week. Finding the time is really hard with the kids. My hope is to get on the treadmill at the gym tomorrow night then run outside on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that the bug gets out of here by then! This is not how my first official week was supposed to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment