Pages

11.13.2007

Having a Cold Sucks

I basically said 'screw you' to my lungs and went out for a very slow run this morning. Coming off of last Thursday's "I am superwoman!" feeling of a run, today was disappointing to say the least. I managed to get a little over 3 miles in, but it wasn't easy, that's for sure. I'm surprised people didn't run out of their houses to see what all the noise was about as I shuffled past. I'm sure I sounded like a 90 year old who has been smoking 2-packs a day for the last 70 years. At one point, I literally had to turn the volume up on my iPod because the sound of my panting was quite distracting.
Having said all that, I got my run in and it felt good to be out there again. The entire time I spent stuck in the house with this cold was time spent worrying about missing runs. I am so focused on getting my miles up that missing out on my weekly runs kind of freaks me out. Plus, I knew it was going to be really hard to get going again because of my breathing issues.
I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow and run a bit further because we are supposed to have some fantastic weather and of course I feel the need to take advantage of it! We'll see how it goes. The Thanksgiving run is on Saturday so I'll not get a much needed long run in unless I go out again Saturday afternoon....hmmmm....

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I hear ya, sister. I'm listening to a 3-yr-old with croup in the other room and just know I'll be running with that cough in a few days.

renae said...

Oh no!! The croup is the worst! I hope you don't get it too bad!