I'm feeling pretty damn bad ass right now. I really wanted my long run on Wednesday to be 9 miles after running 8 two weeks in a row but as I walked out the door in the 37 degree weather, I kept telling myself 'If you don't, you don't. No big deal'. But guess what? I did it. Yup. I kicked that 9 miles ass! In fact, I kicked it so good that I actually ran 9.1! I know! Back off me sister! Now, I may be getting a wee bit too technical by mentioning that .1 but seriously! If I'm going to brag and act like a freaking rock star, I should just go ahead and go all out! 9.1! And you know what? I was able to walk today!! I have a weird pain where my right cheek meets the back of my leg (and after all this running, that meeting point is a bit easier to see, I must say....sorry, being a bad ass rock star again) that just feels a bit tweaked but nothing horrible. When I got home from the run, I made the mistake of trying to head straight upstairs to throw in some laundry(as a side note, leaving all these damn Mom chores undone while I get my 'me-time' in is still something that causes a major case of the guilts...) and my legs clearly shouted "uh, no. I don't think so" so I literally turned around and went back down! But by the end of the day, all was well, just a little bit of tightness. I just am so happy. 9 miles! I'm having one of those 'I never thought I'd run a 5k and I just ran 9 miles!' moments that has lasted since I finished the run. I'm going to try and get out there tomorrow for another short run, but if I still have this ass tweak, I may hold off until Saturday.
Did I mention that I'm a freaking Rock Star!?
I think in my next post I'll be a little less full of myself but right now, I still say I'm pretty freaking fantastic.
2 comments:
Rock on with your bad self--get that woman some chocolate. Wait til you hit double digits: you'll be strutting like you're too sexy for your sneakers. And completely entitled to it. Congrats!
ok, i'm not stalking you. just tagged your blog on mine and need to let you know as per the rules of tagging. run on...
Post a Comment