Pages

6.10.2012

Tone It Up Nutrition Plan

Have you heard of Tone It Up?  It's this great fitness/nutrition community founded by two trainers, Karena and Katrina.  They have a blog, tons of YouTube exercise videos, a DVD, a nutrition plan and they even recently came out with their own (vegan - yay!) protein powder.  I have been thinking about purchasing the nutrition plan for quite some time.  I really like the trainers from Tone It Up, I watch the videos, read their blog, even bought their workout DVD.  The nutrition plan is expensive though so I had a hard time making a decision.  When my mother-in-law gave me money for my birthday, I knew just what I was going to do with it.
Best Birthday Present Ever!

The cool thing about the plan is that you can purchase the regular plan, gluten free plan, vegetarian or vegan plan.  Once I knew I was going to buy, I spent another week trying to decided between the vegetarian and vegan plan.  I ended up going with the vegetarian plan and I now kind of wish I had picked up the vegan plan.  Regardless, I really like it!  Some great recipes and a lot of really helpful hints about what to eat and when and an exercise plan.

There is also a section called the 7-Day Slim Down in the full plan and the 5-Day Slim Down in the summer edition (when you purchase their plan, you get all the updates as free downloads - bonus!).  Karena and Katrina challenged the community to join them on the 5-Day Slim Down starting this past Monday.  I don't feel the need to drop any weight (I'm more of a maintenance kind of girl) so I wasn't going to do it but then on Tuesday, decided to try it and see how doable it is.  The result?  In five days, I lost 2.5lbs (and to be totally honest, that is without giving up my wine!).  But more importantly, I feel incredible.  It was a wake up call to how much random snacking I was doing.  A handful of gluten free crackers here, a couple pieces of chocolate there.....etc, etc.  While on the 5-Day Slim Down, I stopped the mindless 3:00pm eating and followed the plan pretty much to a T.  The only variation was in the recipes.
My new favorite lunch - tofu and veggie romaine wrap!

I took their recipes and tweaked them just a bit to my liking without adding any additional calories.  My new favorite lunch - veggies and tofu wrapped in romaine lettuce - is now an addiction! I was never hungry on the plan, always felt full and satisfied.  I can't believe how good I feel.  I feel way more toned which I know sounds crazy, but I guess without the excess bloat of snacks/sugar/salt, that's what happens!

If you are interested, I highly recommend Tone It Up.  Check out their website - there are a ton of good recipes on there along with printable workouts.  And then head over to YouTube for some good quick workouts.

2 comments:

xShelbyx said...

Can u give a sample of what the daily breakfasts, lunches, dinner, and snacks are like? I'm considering purchasing this, but money is really tight (and I've wasted so much money on plans that were horrendous or just not compatible).

Also, do u know the cals and %/grams of protein, fat, carbs in the plan?

Thanks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to purchase the plan...but I can't figure out how to reach the girls and ask them this.

Can you please clarify something for me. Have you gotten any updates to the program yet since you purchased?

I am a vegetarian that is gluten free. I have swung between being vegan venturing back to vegetarian lifestyle through the years. Being a vegetarian / vegan since childhood and gluten free since my teens, I have at times found GF veganism to be very restrictive (no more of the analogues I grew up with).

I hear you when you say you now wish you'd purchased the Vegan plan, I feel that same confusion about making my decision. I thought if I purchased the vegetarian plan and went vegan...after years of being meat free, I'd know how to convert the recipes to vegan.

I know when purchasing the plan you get "lifetime" updates. Are you then getting any and all updates and changes to tiu or ONLY changes to your plan purchased.

For example the regular TIU plan has some vegetarian recipes that meat eaters get to try, so do the vegetarian plan purchasers also get to try vegan recipes from the updates? Or do they not have access from one program to the other? It seems the meat eaters DO have access to vegetarian AND vegan meals as well as meat meals.

I am afraid to purchase the vegan plan, and then if I fall off the veganism wagon to vegetarian, I won't be able to enjoy the updates to the vegetarian TIU meals. :-(

I am orry this is so long. I KNOW this plan and lifestyle IS what I need. I have been following the girls a couple of years now, learning from them.

I absolutely do best when I have a plan laid out, even if I vary the breakfasts or the fruit or the protein source. I just need the guidance and want the support.

It's a very expensive purchase to make to then feel you want to venture out to other recipes and can't, without purchasing a 2nd plan. Or can you? So, do you get all updates (like on the forum only TIU's have access to) or do you strictly get updates for the plan purchased?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Mara