Recently I found a new-to-me blog Bev Cooks. It is such a great blog! I spent a crazy amount of time on her site and pinned a ton of things to try (she is not vegan or vegetarian but has a lot of veggie dishes as well as some that I could easily make veg). The other night, I decided to give her Red Quinoa with Mushrooms and Kale recipe a try and I am so glad I did!
| After mixing the cooked quinoa with the sauteed kale |
Another kale hit - yahoo! The only difference between her recipe and what I did was that I didn't have red quinoa so I used my regular Costco white and I only had a small package of pre-sliced shiitake mushrooms which was less than what she called for.
| Plated up with another favorite, squash with spinach and cranberries |
Next time, I'll use the full amount of mushrooms if not more because I love me some mushrooms and I felt like they got a little lost under all that quinoa. It turned out really great. It's a nice change up from the Cosmic Kale that I've become obsessed with because it's not creamy so you get more of a crunch from the kale.
Yesterday I was at Harris Teeter and they had their Planters Peanuts on sale - buy one get one free - I'm a sucker for BOGO deals and for peanuts although I don't think my stomach loves peanuts! Anyway, they had a flavor I hadn't seen before, Five Alarm Chili.
Being a lover of all things spicy, I decided to push my fear of too much sodium aside and buy them. Oh mamma. So stinking good. This is the last jar I'll ever buy because seriously, they are like crack!
Still haven't run since the half marathon on Sunday. My stomach is still not back to normal which has me a wee bit concerned. I'm hoping I'll feel better by the weekend....I miss my cardio!
No comments:
Post a Comment