This morning, I met some friends at Golds for the launch of the new Body Step and Body Pump classes. They were only 30 minutes each but I still assumed I wouldn't feel like doing my long run today and I knew for sure I didn't want to do it tomorrow before the big CrossFit experiment. But leaving a long run for Monday just sounds so unappealing that I decided to start the run and see how I felt. Unfortunately, I had to do it on my treadmill because of kid issues so I assumed I'd get 6 miles in. Well! I'm super happy to say that I got all 13 miles in that I planned on running on Monday - yahoo! Cross it off. After the run and my shower and a 'tuna' bean salad sandwich, I realized just how spent I was. I've been sitting on the couch watching football for the last three hours unwilling/able to move. I did, however, manage to get up for the 10 minutes it took me to throw together some fresh salsa!
The good news is that my "Empty the Fridge Salsa" is a big hit....really, really tasty. The bad news is that once I got all the ingredients into my food processor, I realized I couldn't get the lid on. After trying to force it way too many times, I noticed that part of the bowl was warped from the dishwasher. Freaking awesome. I just wanted to chop up the salsa and get my butt back on the couch. My husband got all manly with it and forced the lid on allowing me to get a quick chop done. Then it took us forever to get the lid back off! Guess I'll be back at Costco getting a new processor next week. Next to my Vitamix, it's my most loved appliance!
Empty the Fridge Salsa
6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
1/2 can corn
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno (I left the seeds in because I love a hot salsa but you should take them out for a milder taste)
small handful of cilantro
1/4 red onion
red pepper flakes to taste
cayenee pepper to taste
juice of 1 lime
Throw it all in an unbroken food processor and pulse. Slurp up with your favorite tortilla chips!
No comments:
Post a Comment