| Messiest Cook EVER |
First I sauteed up some onions and green and red peppers. Once they were soft, I took them out of the pan and cooked up sliced chicken (I used thighs because I'm known for over cooking chicken and somehow, thighs don't dry out even when I do). To the chicken pan, I added in half of the veggies and a little more than half of the enchilada sauce. The other half of the veggies and sauce went in a new pan to just heat through. I served it on whole wheat tortillas for him, rice tortillas for me. And for toppings, I used a bean dip that I found on Chef AJ's YouTube channel (more on that in a minute) and quac I tossed together in about 5 minutes....note the mess that is my homemade quac...red onion, tomatoes, avocado and a squeeze of lemon - so easy, so tasty!
Back to Chef AJ. I love, love, love me some Chef AJ! I just bought her book, Unprocessed, from Amazon yesterday and can't wait to read it. I have no idea why but the YouTube videos she makes, "The Chef and the Dietitian" just crack me up. They are really informative too. I will not admit to how much time I spent watching their videos on Saturday! It was during the video marathon that I found her recipe for bean dip. Looked super easy so I made up a batch in time for some lazy Saturday football viewing. I thought it was good although next time, I'll use a spicy salsa and toss in some jalapeno peppers (I need way more heat!). Also, I made it in my Vitamix and I think I'll use a regular food processor next time because I prefer my dips to have a bit of texture to them. This one, while super good, was just too runny for me. The taste is fantastic though and for a 5 minute dip, can't be beat!
Now I have to hit the streets. I did nothing yesterday because my Monday morning Body Pump class got moved from 9:00 to 8:30 which may not seem like a big deal but my big kid doesn't leave the house until 8:15 and I just can't get there in time. Super irritating. Not sure what I'm going to do about that. So today I need to get out there and run. One day off makes me feel so lazy!
3 comments:
Hi there! Thanks for the shout out! Do you live in Boston? I will be there doing a culinary demo at the Vegfest on October 30th. The nean dipmfirms up a bit if you chill it.
Love & Kals,
Chef AJ
Www.SetUprocessed.com
I am typing on my iPad in bed! I meant to type love and kale and my website is EAT Unprocessed.
I'm pretty sure I just passed out for a minute! Wow!! Thanks for the comment Chef AJ! I can't tell you how much I love what you do. You are making my transition to a new way of life so much easier! And you are right, the next day (and the day after that!) the bean dip did firm up for me.
I wish I lived in Boston...would love to be able to attend your demo! Until I can make it to one though, I'll keep watching your YouTube videos. Love & Kale right back at ya!
Post a Comment