Pages

10.05.2011

After two back to back classes at the gym, all I want when I get home is a big, fat smoothie.  Today's concoction:

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 big handfuls spinach (pack it in there!)
2 tsp chia seeds
1 chunk pineapple
1 banana
1 cup frozen mixed berries (Costco's is the best!)
ice ice baby
Despite the chocolaty look, there is no chocolate involved!

Blend it all up and it gets really thick - not quite as thick as ice cream, but you still need a spoon to eat it.  Yum yum yum!!!  So good after Pump and Step.

Yellow blob is hummus....looks kinda scary!
I wanted to share another fantastic recipe that I found recently.  I've been reading veggie blogs like crazy lately to get lunch ideas.  I was pretty excited when I came across this black bean and quinoa recipe on Cooking with my Kid.  Actually, I first saw it on Pinterest (hello massive time sucking addiction!) and have since found several recipes on her site that I'm going to try.  Anyway, back to the burger...super easy with just a few ingredients, it comes together in a snap and is down right delicious.  I've made a batch on Sunday 2 weeks in a row now so that I can heat one or two up for lunches during the week.  They do heat up a bit on the dry side so I think next batch, I'll cook the original burgers for less time and see if that helps for the reheat.  I like them topped with a bit of hummus and with a small side salad. 

No running today since I did 7 yesterday and took the classes today.  I'll probably do an easy recovery run tomorrow of 6 miles.  Looking forward to it actually because I've been feeling really strong lately when I run.  Yay!

No comments: