Pages

5.02.2011

Finally, a Run

After Body Pump today, instead of laughing at all the poor souls on the hamster wheels and walking right on by, I decided it was time to get back at it.  Clearly, I wasn't very excited about running but I'm starting to kind of panic about the fact that I STILL have no desire to run.  Um, seriously.  When will my mojo return??  I have a half marathon coming up on June 4th so I really need to get back to it! 

Anyway, I got on the treadmill and started jogging.  And felt like a creaky old man.  It wasn't pretty.  Then I upped the speed so I was running a blistering fast 9:30/mile pace and started panting.  Like, 2-pack-a-day-smoker kind of panting. What. The. Hell.  I kept at it, slowly bumping up the speed and managed to run 4 miles.  And it only took me 36 minutes.  Holy hell.  This is bad.  Real bad.  I know I took some time off but do I really need to start from the beginning??  Somehow I thought once I finally ran again, I'd be able to knock out 8-10 miles no problems.  Tomorrow before yoga, I'm going for 5 whole miles.  Sure hope I don't go into cardiac arrest.  So sad.

In gluten free food news, I was crazy excited when I spotted these little beauties at my local Harris Teeter the other day:
Harris Teeter Find!

I snatched them up, brought them home and dug in.  They are surprisingly really, really good!  My kids got in on the action and loved them too.  The next time I went, I bought another pack to throw in the freezer.  Sadly, I haven't seen them since.  I sure hope it wasn't a fluke because I do love a sweet little baked treat every now and again and these fit the bill perfectly.  At 70 calories a pop, I don't feel to terribly guilty and it cures that sweet craving.

No comments: