Pages

1.31.2011

A Million and One House Improvement Ideas

I am constantly walking around my house thinking of more and more things that I'd like to do.  My head is swimming with random improvement ideas.  I spend way too much time on design blogs and crafty blogs and general thrifty decor blogs and I have yet to actually accomplish anything.  One thing that is very high on my list is to replace the light that is currently hanging in my dining room.  When you walk into my house, my dining room is the first thing you see and because of that, I'd love for it to be warm and welcoming and also kinda fun!  Recently I was at a friends house who had this fantastic casual/fun/warm dining room.  I loved everything about it but was particularly drawn to the light fixture.  She gave me the website where she got it along with the dimensions.  All pumped up and excited that I finally found a solution to my ugly light problem, I raced home, pulled up Room and Board and then my heart sank.  Here was the light:

And here was the price tag:

$399.00

Swell. 

I guess I'll be living with this


for awhile longer until I can find my new fixture for a LOT cheaper!

No comments: