On Sunday, my running group was planning on doing a long 21-miler. So far, we've done 13, 16 (twice) and 18. Unfortunately, between a few schedule conflicts with two members and the oh so fun 12.5 inches of snow we got during the week (we run on very rural roads which were most likely still covered with snow), we all decided to go our separate ways and postpone the run to this coming Sunday. Since I was headed for the treadmill, I decided to run 13 which for me, is totally doable on the 'mill. I know most people want to punch themselves after 5 or 6 miles, but I've never had a problem running long. Not sure what this says about me but I'm sure it can't be good! It took a hell of a lot of self coaching to even get me down to the basement on Sunday. I have no idea where my energy was. Could have been because of the long week with the kids home/snowed in. Could have been that my 10-year-old came down with the lovely stomach bug in the middle of the night which involved a lot of cleaning on my part. Could have been that it was just one of those days where a run is not in the cards. I had to stop at 4 miles and go to the bathroom (T.M.I? Sorry!) and when I jumped back on, I just knew it wasn't meant to be. I got up to 5 and called it a day. The funny part is that once I walked away from the treadmill and took a few deep breaths, it really didn't bother me at all. Sure, I'm knee deep into Boston training and every long run counts but I don't feel like a massive failure because I missed one long run. It's taken me a long time to get to this point though. I used to beat myself up if I missed a run or bailed early on a long run. I am so glad those days are over!
Today the kids were finally back to school - WOOT! - so it was back to the gym for Body Pump followed by Body Combat. I felt that week off though. I'm sore already!!
I was crazy hungry by the time I got home. I had grand plans of cooking up some quinoa and making a big salad but I was too hungry too cook so I took the easy (yet still super good!) route:

I scarfed down a can of Amy's Organic Black Bean soup with my favorite chips crumbled on top - Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment