My Dad went in for a knee replacement last week and due to a bout of pneumonia, has had a bit of a set back in his recovery. I have been trying to hang out with him as much as possible because he's been a bit bummed out. The good news is that this weekend, he was finally able to get in some much needed PT and is getting around better on crutches, not the walker...yay! The bad news is that I've missed quite a few training runs. Obviously my Dad's health comes first but this morning, I had three emails from my running friends chatting about what a great 21.5 mile run they had on Sunday. Including my friend who is running San Francisco with me in, oh, I dunno, TWO WEEKS! Holy mother of all crap balls. I know, I know, San Fran is "just for fun, not time..." but still! Sure would feel a bit better if I had that 21.5 under my belt. They are dropping down to 12 this Sunday which I'll be able to join them for but I still feel pretty shaky for missing the super long one. I'm hoping that I can get out one morning this week, like Wednesday, and get in a 15 miler. So hard to do during the week though.
My weekend was spent either with my Dad or on the phone with my step-mother talking about my Dad so I have absolutly nothing of interest to talk about today. I did learn, however, that I respond to stress/worry by eating. And by eating crap. I've had either ice cream or cookies every night since he went into the hospital. And wine. Lots of freakin' ass building, stomach bloating wine. Awesome. He better get out soon or I'm going to explode.
I did get myself a new coffee mug though. Check it out:
I know what you are thinking: "I didn't realize I was reading a blog written by a 16 year old." I promise, you are not. I realize it's totally immature, but I can't help it. I love it. Oh, and it's sitting on my other favorite thing, my mouse pad with the best photo ever taken: me and Santana Moss. Sigh. Love me some Redskins and Santana Moss.
1 comment:
With all those marathons under your belt, you know what to expect. Don't stress over missing the 21 miler. You're ok. YOu'll get the miles in. SF lookout - HERE YOU COME.
Best wishes for a quick recovery for your dad. My father would go totally ape having to stay in the hospital and being immobile for any length of time.
Post a Comment