Pages

5.04.2009

Pacers Half Marathon.....

.....is in 6 days. On Mother's Day. I was thinking I had another week, not that it was this coming weekend. See, this is what happens when you get talked into a race at the last minute and your heart is not really in it: you forget about it. Crap. So. I guess I should technically be in taper mode. Which means maybe it's not so bad that it's supposed to rain every single day this week. That will help keep me under control. I managed a great 10-mile run on Friday but then Sunday's run was a horrible flop. I got on the treadmill intending to do either 4 or 5 miles but after 2.5, I got the worst side stitch I've ever gotten. I couldn't get it to go away so I gave up and called it a day after just 3 miles. I'll try again today. I've got to find my training schedule from the Baltimore Half to see what I did the week before that race and duplicate it. I'm a little worried about this race because while I've had some good weeks total mileage-wise, I haven't run more than 10 miles at a time. I'll just have to hope for the best and stick with my friends and more importantly, stick to the original plan which was to just have fun and not take it too seriously.

I'm headed back to the podiatrist today. I know, I know...I said I was going to fire him and I am! Just after today's visit. He gave me that shot of cortisone 3 weeks ago so in fairness, I thought I'd keep this follow up just to tell him it didn't work and the mystery pain is still here. After today though, I'm done with him.

3 comments:

mommyrunsalot said...

Sorry to hear about your foot still hurting. I looked all stalker-like on your blog to see what shoes you were wearing. Not that I'm a shoe salesperson or anything; just another runner -- but I recently changed shoes and it made a HUGE difference -- you're more than welcome to email me and I can tell you the whole story. I think the new Asics have the asymmetrical lacing which might relieve some of pain on the top of your foot. Anyways, I know next to nothing but I thought it might help...Good luck this weekend on your race! :)

Frenchie said...

I hope your foot gets to feeling better and good luck this weekend! I hate when I lose track of days or get in my hand that something is happening on a certain day and find out I was wrong!!

marathon mom said...

I will see you at the race on Sunday! I am hoping the course is nice, I am in the mood for an enjoyable run! I have not done a great taper, taking Wednesday and Saturday off. I had two foot surgeries and a few cortisone shots from my podiatrist back in the day, and nothing really improved until I stopped working!