Pages

5.05.2009

Hola!

So today is Cinco de Mayo and since I'm not one to let a party opportunity pass her by, I choose to indulge! I give you happy hour treats!



Yeah. So that's exciting. Seriously though, I do love the little 100 calorie packs of Wholly Guacamole. I'm a sucker for guacamole and would easily put away way more than a single serving so for me, this is one time that the 100-calorie pack idea works. And yes, I know, it's a good fat and would be even better if I would make it myself but come on - cut, squirt, eat - that's what I'm talking about people!

I went back to the podiatrist yesterday and this time I mean it....he is so fired! I hate to bore you with the details, I've already gone from 7 followers to 6 so I really can't afford to be any more dull than I already am. In a nutshell, he now seems to think there is some kind of pinched nerve going on. He did this tap tap tap test on the front of my ankle/foot and when he did, I got really wacky tingle-pins & needles type feelings all up the side and back of my calf and down the top of my foot into my toes. And the feeling lingered for a bit after his tapping. He suggested maybe I was wearing some kind of strappy shoe that was cutting off the circulation at that point on my foot. Yeah, you clearly don't know me doc. No strappy shoes here. I wouldn't even know how to strap strappy shoes. So he gets that scrunched up face look, says a few "huh"s and "hmmm"s and I say, "Well, I used to be notorious for tying my shoes too tight but I've been trying to pay attention to that and feel like I've gotten better." So he says, "Well, it would make sense that your shoes are the problem. What kinds of other shoes do you wear?" so I say, "Running shoes and flip flops." and he says, "What about strappy shoes?" ARGHHHHH!!!! I tell him that I have been a tom-boy for as long as I can remember and didn't even wear strappy shoes to my own freaking wedding so could we please move on? Seriously. He decides to give me another cortisone shot in the nerve he is thinking is pinched and tells me I should feel immediate relief and to return in three weeks.

Foot pretty much feels the same.

I did manage to run 7 miles last night and another 3 today so I guess I should just be thankful that I can do that and move on to a new doctor. I have a friend who is a Chiropractor and informed me that all those nerves that travel down your leg and into your foot all start in the spine and I should come in for an adjustment. And he said he could adjust my feet too. Um. So. I'm not sure about that one. I told him that I have to run a half-marathon on Sunday and I didn't want to try any new kind of treatment before then. Blah.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that you have followers that aren't "followers." If that makes any sense... I have your blog on my RSS feed and read regularly but I don't think you can tell that from your end.

Love your blog! I'm training to run my first 5K and my hubby is training for his first half marathon. I love reading running blogs for inspiration.

Good luck on your upcoming race!

Anonymous said...

I love guacamole too. Haven't ever heard of the 100 calorie packs though. I usually just cut open an avocado, squish it with a fork in a bowl, and dump some salsa in, stir, and eat. Yum.

Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you can get the problem figured out soon. Maybe the Chiropractor is a good idea. Good luck with your race!!