That's about it from here. I'd love to stay and blog some more but I've got birthday cake to eat!
I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
4.06.2009
I Think I Forgot How to Run
So I'm down at my mom's celebrating Spring Break with my hubby and the kids. We are having a fantastic time with lots of non-stop talking, laughing, birthday celebrating (my mom's, my kids' and mine!) and beer involved. And no running. Not a single step. Unless you count the shopping. Which is just fine with me since I'm on a self-prescribed hiatus from running in the hopes that my foot heals. Day one was a bit difficult for me because I can't remember the last time I sat still for an entire day. I was having major cardio withdraw but by day two, I'm happy to report that I'm over the withdraw. Twelve steps is not needed for this cardio-addict! I think I mentioned that I was really getting into the other methods of cardio available at the gym - rower and elliptical for the most part - and have been chugging along pretty well without running.
Anyway, I haven't taken time off from working out in so long and I'm such an addict that I packed my resistance bands and gear to go walking in but I haven't touched any of it (photo at left: me giving cardio the screw you face). My foot better appreciate this! Speaking of the foot, I was in with the general practitioner again on Friday for my ear issues and we were chatting about the marathon. I mentioned to her my pain and she sent me to the x-ray room. The x-ray was negative for a fracture so at least I know it's not a major break. Having said that, I do know that a lot of times that stress fractures don't show up on x-rays so I guess that's still a possibility. I'll try to run when I get home and if I'm still having an issue, back to the podiatrist I go. Blah.
That's about it from here. I'd love to stay and blog some more but I've got birthday cake to eat!
That's about it from here. I'd love to stay and blog some more but I've got birthday cake to eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment