
I know I'm way late on this one but I finally (!) watched Spirit of the Marathon last night. Holy crap balls was it good! I really loved it. I've had it from Netflix for at least 2 months now. It's just been sitting on my night stand waiting patiently. I can't believe it took me so long! I was going to send it back today but I think I'm going to watch it one more time first. Talk about inspiring! It was also really interesting to see the people that trained for Chicago with a running group vs. the woman who trained all alone - like me. I realized while watching it how much more pleasant my long runs could have been if I had done them in a group setting! Although I have to say that I agreed with just about everything the lone-runner was saying. I found myself nodding in agreement and saying "Right!" and "I know!!" at the t.v. I wanted every person in my family to see it so I could say, "See! Do you get it now??"
Today I ran 5 miles before my strength training class. That's the longest I've run since the marathon and it actually went really well. The top of my right foot was bothering me a bit in the beginning but once it loosened up, it was ok. I'm really starting to wonder if it's tendonitis. Then after the run, I zipped into the fitness classroom only to have the instructor announce that she was going to concentrate on the lower body. Groan. A million squats, lunges and side-steps with resistance bands later and I hobbled out to my car. Ouch. Feels good to be active again though. And I'm really feeling positive about my feet. A girl can hope, right? I have another appointment tomorrow, as I think I've mentioned far too many times, so we'll see what foot-man has to say. If it goes well, I'm going to sign up for the Zooma Half in Annapolis in May. It sounds like a really fun race and I wanted to do it last year but felt it was too close to the first half I did.
2 comments:
I saw it in the theatre and there really weren't too many dry eyes during some parts of the movie! I'm interested to hear about what the foot-man says about the top of your foot; mine also just started to get a bit painful and I haven't been able to figure it out. Yay for signing up for the MCM -- I'm also signed up and in the NoVA area so let me know if you ever want to go for a long run!
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I just spent a goodly amount of time reading some of your first posts - you sound just like me, only better at running. Of course, that was before you had TWO half marathons and a MARATHON under your belt. Yeesh. I can only hope that I'll be able to run like you someday. :)
Post a Comment