Spoiler Alert: If you are a Biggest Loser fan and are not caught up, stop reading.
Did you stop?
Seriously, stop because I'm going to mention who got kicked off this week.
Ok, I think they are gone.
At the end of the Biggest Loser the other night after he got kicked off, they showed the little 'how are they doing now' bit and showed Dane running in a marathon in AZ with his wife. Then they cut to him crossing the finish line and standing there talking about how great it was to "run an entire marathon with my wife" all while standing in front of his time of 3 hours and 53 minutes. 3:53!!!!
The next day at the gym, I was talking to a couple of my running friends about it and we were all a bit skeptical. And now it turns out that it was all a big, fat lie. Apparently, producers picked them up along the route and dropped them close to the finish line! So how do you feel about Dane, the latest Biggest Loser eliminated contestant, lying about his marathon finish? Personally, I find it totally insulting. There are those of us who spend countless hours at the gym and on the trails training in the desperate hope that a 4 hour marathon is achievable then this clown comes along and lies about not only his finish time, but the fact that he "ran the entire marathon".
Here is a link to the story on Reality Blurred.
4 comments:
My wife and I watched it last night and when they showed that we both said "What the...". We thought it was an error on the part of TBL, but when we rewound it and paused it on the clock as they crossed the finish line it showed 3:53, much to our surprise. We were still not convinced, certainly they must have ran a 1/2 marathon, well after a few minutes on Google we were able to find that it was a complete fabrication and we too were insulted that they stated his so called "accomplishment". Maybe they were like Roger Clemens and "misremembered".
Wow, what audacity!
Yeah, that's just wrong.
I was just reading about this on a fellow runner's blog -- can't believe I'm just now catching up with this story!! I had the same reaction when I saw his time. I thought, how the heck is he running that fast while I've been training for months and nowhere near that time? Sad that the whole thing is now tarnished -- it would have been better for him to just stop after 23 miles than cheat his way to the finish.
Post a Comment