As a side note, I have a friend who is from Australia and she says they don't call it spinning class there, they call it Cycling. Cycling. Doesn't that sound civilized? It makes me totally forget how sweaty and nasty I get during that class.....makes it sound like I'm off to have a spot of tea.
The outlook for this weekend is cold with a rain/snow mix. Doesn't sound good for a 20-miler. If it is really nasty out and I do 12 on the treadmill instead - pushing the 20-miler to next weekend, is that a bad thing?
Remember I told you about those oatmeal raisin cookies? There is only one left. And before you get all, "Oh that's so fantastic that your entire family loved them too!" let me just confess that I ate them. All of them. Well, except for the one that my 5-year-old tried to eat while picking out all the raisins. Other than that one, I ate them. Every. Single. One. Every time I walked by the Tupperware container, I'd have to double back and grab one. It was awful. Crack cookies I tell you! I tried to justify it by telling myself that raisins are a fruit and thus, good for me and that oatmeal, well, heck, it's a form of a grain, right? It's a good think I only made a half a batch.
Off to strength training today then a 5-mile run. The joys of marathon training....they are endless.
1 comment:
The "traditional" thinking is that the last long run before a marathon should be three weeks before race date. So, if your race is March 21, you should do your last long run this weekend. See:
http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/marathontaper.shtml
Pete Pfitzinger is a famous runner and author.
It's always frustrating when weather mucks up the long run. The forecast is always changing, however, so things may improve.
Post a Comment