Something smart I did for yesterday's run: purchased a book from iTunes and listened to that instead of music for a nice change. Something I did that was pretty stupid: I didn't bring water with me. I drank some water when I got home then took a shower and started some laundry then started to feel really bad. Horrible stomach issues and then I started feeling very nauseous. It didn't take long for me to realize what was happening. I was dehydrated! Stupid, stupid, stupid!! I lay on the couch and forced myself to keep drinking and after about 2 hours, started to feel better. I have no idea what I was thinking but I wont make that mistake again, I can tell you that!
Other random stuff: Has anyone heard of or tried these:

It's called a Buff and this one is from the 'original' buff maker, Planet Buff. It's a fleece piece of material with no seams that is like a tube and you can wear it as a neck warmer, pull it up over your mouth and ears or even wear it on your head. Yesterday, my neck and ears were pretty cold and I think it would have been pretty cool to have something like this that I could pull up or just keep it around my neck. Yet another reason why I wish I could sew though....how difficult can it be to make a tube of fleece?
I also found a new site over the weekend (via Andrea Vincent of SeeMommyRun) that I'm playing around with call Just Finish. Their tag line is, "Motivating and encouraging ALL runners, walkers, cyclists and multi-sport athletes through the FINISH." It's a very friendly site and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Go check it out!
2 comments:
I'm still amazed that you can run that far on the treadmill. I'm on for 30 minutes and that's enough!!!
Good luck with the runs!! And I've never used a Buff!
Oh, and don't forget that water!! ;)
Post a Comment