So if you are a mom and you are anything like me, today is a very happy day. Back to school!! Woot! Don't get me wrong, I love my sweet little angel faced boys and have enjoyed the 2 weeks of 24/7 togetherness, it has truly been a blessing but oh you should just see how cute they are climbing up the steps of that big yellow bus! It is just adorable!!
Finally! Back to my sweet routine! And in all honesty, they were excited to go back too. Kids do love that routine as well. So today it was off to the gym to get back into my spinning on Monday schedule. I managed to get up there a couple of times over the winter break but the class schedule, obviously, wasn't the normal one so I did my fair share of slacking too. And don't get me started on how much crap I ate and how full my recyclable bin got if you know what I'm saying. And I clearly didn't do a bit of blogging either. That was mostly because I didn't want to type in, "Today I'm eating and not exercising...." for 2 weeks straight.
I love a fresh new year. It's all so exciting. I am still very proud of all that I accomplished in 2008 though....it was my best year ever as far as building a better me goes. But now it's 2009 and time to set some new goals!
And my new goal is going to be my hardest one yet. I signed up to run the full marathon in Virginia Beach, the Shamrock Marathon on March 22nd. Yeah, that one I swore I wasn't going to run. That one that I said, "I'm not letting anyone talk me into anything...." and then said, "I will only run a marathon when I can give it the time and respect it deserves..." haha, that one was my favorite. So there it is. I clicked the "Register Now!" button just this morning. I have 74 days to get my ass in gear. Are you laughing at me yet? You should be because I am!
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and are set for a great 2009!
4 comments:
Yes, nothing like getting back to a "routine" :-)
It's flat as hell sista, the full is going to be an epic choice and you're going to rock it for sure! Wish I could be there -- I'm committed to certain things overseas and won't be back in time :-(.
Enjoy those Yuegling tix tho ;)
HA!!!
It was only a matter of time before you registered for a marathon, but who knew it would be a matter of so little time?! You're a natural runner and will rock the Shamrock!
If you kept track of your HBBC points, don't forget to turn them in today
Post a Comment