Pages

1.10.2009

Day of Rest = Day of Eating & Long Run, Check!

Friday was my official rest day. I was really looking forward to it. But as it turns out, I'm not so good at resting. I was bored off my ass! I almost ended up eating the entire kitchen just to keep busy. Fortunately, I snapped out of it and reminded myself how hard I had worked at the gym...that kept me away from the chips!

Today was long run day. Unfortunately, it's a typical winter day in Virginia though - cold, wind and rain. Yuck. Lucky, lucky me, I have a treadmill so I hopped on and started to run. Do you have any idea how much 12.4 miles sucks on a treadmill? I do. Big time. The run itself was pretty good. I felt great until about mile 10.5 when I started to feel....um....crappy is to strong a word....how about just not so great. By mile 11.5, I wanted to quit. Hopefully it's just because I was stuck inside. I pushed out the last mile and slammed that 'Stop' button a tad bit harder than necessary. All I can say is that it better be nicer next weekend when I have to run 14 miles because I seriously don't think I can do that on a treadmill!

4 comments:

Eric said...

I can't run for more than an hour on the treadmill and really don't like to go over 30 minutes. Hats off to ya for doing 12.4 miles!!!

Anonymous said...

i get so bored running on a treadmill. ive ran a half on one and thought i was going to die.. not from running but boredom! if there's ever anything good on tv, like biggest loser - its so inspiring to keep running, its a little easier but normally at my gym they like to play every informercial ever made over and over...

Lesley Looper said...

Kudos to you for finishing your long run on the treadmill!! Eventhough I usually don't mind the treadmill, long runs on one are a pain in the butt! Pat yourself on the bad for knocking the long run out today, despite the weather. Feels good, huh?!

Old School Runner said...

I agree with Eric--anyone who can run 12 miles on the treadmill gets major props!