Running: Yup, been doing it. This week I've followed my marathon training schedule to the exact number. This weekend calls for a long run of 15.4 miles. Gulp. I'm hoping to get that one done on Sunday because the weather looks like it's going to be slightly warmer than on Saturday.
Cross Training: The kids had 2 days off of school and one 2 hour delay this week for "snow". One inch of snow. In my pre-gym-addict days, this probably wouldn't have bothered me much but this week it had me in a total tissy. I missed both strength training classes and the Wednesday spinning class. On Monday, I got to the gym 10 minutes before the spinning class (too late, I know) and missed out on a bike so I ran instead. So. No cross training for me this week. I did, however, dust off my Yoga dvd (The Firm) and did that twice. I need to get that back into my routine because holy crap-o-la are my legs/back/hips tight!
Foot Dr.: Yes, I finally went to the podiatrist on Monday. He took no less than 9,000 x-rays of my feet. I was sure he was going to find a stress fracture or something else extremely dramatic but he didn't. Apparently I'm an over-pronator. That's it. Nothing else. He ordered me some orthotics which should be in two weeks from now. It was all I could do to not say, "Seriously? Are you sure? Can you look at the x-rays again because my feet are killing me doc!" I got home and did what most people do when they have what they are sure is a major injury, googled it. I have to admit that the symptoms and problems associated with overpronation fit me pretty well so I'm trying to stay positive and I'll give the orthotics a fair shake.
Gadgets: I got a Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor! I'm super excited about it. The only problem so far is that before you exercise with it the first time, you have to put it on and find a nice quiet place to lay down and basically chill for at least 5 minutes. No phones, no kids, no noise, no distractions. I've had the watch for 3 days and have yet to find that 5 minute window.
iPhone App: If you are as addicted to your iPhone as I am then you spend a lot of time checking out the app store. I recently downloaded Lose It! which is a nutrition tracker. I'm borderline obsessed with what I eat...not in a diet way but in a healthy food way. I can tell the difference in my running big time when I eat too much crap. So this app is really cool. You plug in what you eat and it tracks calories, fat, carbs and fiber. You can also enter your daily exercise. The only thing it doesn't track is sugar which I'd kind of like to have. For a free app, it's pretty damn cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment