Pages

10.21.2008

The Race Photos Prove I'm Nuts.

In my Baltimore race report, I mentioned that I was crazy happy/excited/nutty girl when crossing the finish line and that everyone around me was looking at me like I had totally lost my mind. Well! I'm happy to report that when looking through the photos on Marathon Photo, I found a guy that was quite possibly just as excited as me! Check out brown shirt dude!!


See him?? Just in front of me? Look at that face! He is so excited! I'm so bummed that I didn't notice him...too busy being in my own little glory I guess. Here is another:


I love that guy! We obviously had the same plan: do not turn off watch until all the way across finish line.
I love that I have someone giddy with excitement right next to me. I wish we would have noticed each other - we probably would have been jumping up and down screaming like kids.

I also found a few hilarious photos that I have to share with you just to prove (in case you were not already aware) just how much of a dork I really am. Apparently, I started to celebrate approximately a half a mile prior to the finishing mats. Look how early I'm raising my arms in celebration:

See me way in the back of this photo? You can't even see my head, but you can see the premature raising of the arms!


Here is another. Still not on the mats and yet I have the arms way up and the "Woooo!" face on. Nice. Brown shirt dude isn't even that overly excited! Oh, and check out the blue speedo guy....ew.



Finally, the finish line. At this point, I've had my arms up for about 15 minutes. Dork! No wonder everyone was looking at me like I was crazy! I was!!


4 comments:

Chic Runner said...

So cute! At least brown shirt was excited too! :)

Paige said...

That's awesome! First of all, congrats on finishing a sweet race! Second of all, congrats on being HAPPY at the finish and not just completely dead. And third of all, congrats on making good time despite the obvious wind resistence provided by your flailing arms the last 15 minutes. :) haha... Way to go!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think it's great that you were prematurely happy. It's charming! :)

P.O.M. said...

Uhmm.... let's talk about the body, I mean guy in the silver shirts. hello - come to mama!