Pages

10.17.2008

Slow and Steady

I went for my first post-race run yesterday. It was a very awkward, slow, gimpy 3-miler. I limped around for the rest of the evening feeling a bit dejected. I was having soreness in places I didn't realize I could be sore. Today, I decided to get right back on the horse and try again. I ran much slower, avoided most hills and managed to run a much happier 5 miles. Good thing too because I think I'd go mad if I had to take much longer off!

My girl Chia just may be on to something when she suggested my next race: The Yuengling Shamrock Half Marathon in March (Chia is way more of a bad-ass than me though, she is running the full marathon!) First of all....anytime the first word of a race is a beer, it's worth a second look! And second of all, according to Chia, you get 5 free beers after the race! Five!! Hot damn! My only issue is that it's another travel race. But then again, Virginia Beach isn't all that far and I've never been down there before. Also, I'd get to meet a super cool blogging friend - how awesome would that be?! And I could get this really cool shirt:Cute, right? So all I have to do is convince my husband that we need to hit Virginia Beach for a night, book my mother-in-law for the punks and do it!

3 comments:

chia said...

Five Yuegling beers... that stuff is like going from unleaded to premium.

For $85 you can get an oceanfront view at the Best Western and it even has a fridge/micro in it. Balcony even has a view of the finish line.

Speaking of... I should start booking this trip ;-).

The Roberts said...

Funny post. I live in Jacksonville, FL but my sister lives in VA Beach. I love me a Yuengling (right, who doesn't) so I'm planning on running this half too!! It sounds like it is going to be such a fun one!! Great minds must think alike....

Chic Runner said...

Oh the shirt is super cute! :) I know the gimpy after race run. Where you feel like you're dying. special! :) I wish I was closer to that race. It sounds so great! Hope you feel better soon!