I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
9.03.2008
School Starts....Built in Excuses Lost
Yesterday was the first day of school for my short people. My big kid started 3rd grade and my baby started kindergarten. Now that Quinn is a big time kindergarten goer, I have 3 hours, 5 days a week to get my run on. So there it is. Zero excuses. No more, 'my husband is out of town so I couldn't run', or 'having kids makes is sooo hard!' (although I cannot guarantee that I wont still throw that one out there from time to time because it's still true). I just need to wait until I put little man on the bus at 11:18 and then go. Good thing too because the Baltimore Half is 5 short weeks away and I don't feel ready in the slightest. Time to buckle down! My husband and I have been acting like 21-year-olds for the last 3 weekends and that crap has got to stop. I can't run after being out late and don't get me started on the beer. Sigh. Anyway, it's on! I know, you've heard this before....
One quick story about my kindergartner. When he got off the bus, I asked him what he learned on his first day. This was his response: "If you have to go pee pee, you should go on the potty and if you have to throw up, you should do that on the potty too. Oh! And if you have to throw up and go pee pee, you should aways throw up first! In the potty of course." Something tells me his kindergarten teacher has been thrown up on a few times! He was quick to add "And I did an ABC worksheet too!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow. i think i saw a similar sentiment scrolled on the bathroom wall at the pub last weekend. big boy!
Post a Comment