I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
8.22.2008
Back at the Track
I made it to the group meeting at the track last night. The schedule called for 6 x 1200 with a 60 second break in between. I ran a slow mile warm up then the fun began. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. It's been 3 weeks since I've been out at a speed workout and I felt every second of it like it was the first time out. I managed to complete all 6 and was very consistent with my time so that's all good and even better, I was so excited that I went....well, excited once it was over! I'm feeling it today but in a good way. I'm not going to meet up with them at 6:30 tomorrow morning for the long run because my husband and I are going to a concert tonight and I know better than to assume I'll be up and awake enough at 6:30am to cover the 10-12 miles the schedule calls for. Instead, I'm going to head out on Sunday and hope for the best. If I get 10, great, but I'm assuming it will be more like 8!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment