Yeah. So. It's hot out there, eh?
I've been stuck inside for workouts because I'm pretty sure I'd fall over if I tried to run outside when the temps are 98/99 with a heat index of 110. On Sunday, I was on my way to the grocery store at 12:30. I saw a woman out there running. I just don't get it. Does that mean her commitment level is higher than mine? I just feel like it isn't safe. Especially at the hottest time of the day, when the sun is straight up. But what really got to me was that it wasn't just her. She was pushing a jogging stroller with a baby. I'm pretty sure it was definitely not a good idea for that baby, but maybe that's just me.
It's supposed to be down to the mid-80s by this weekend so hopefully I'll be out there again soon.
I'm still battling with the FIRST program. I'm hoping it will get easier to follow, that I'll get more gym time this summer with more cross training options. In the mean time, I'm happy that it's serving as a reminder to do other workouts besides just running. I've forgotten how much fun walking lunges can be....not. But I am happy to be back to getting some good core workouts in.
Not much else to say...probably because I'm hot! Stay cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment