Pages

5.07.2008

Random Ramblings


1. I think I over did it in my ab workout the other day because every time I sneeze, I get that 'you just worked out your abs for the first time ever' pain. Kinda sucks given how much pollen we have right now. My world is covered in yellow therefore, I am sneezing regularly. Ouch.

2. At my last hair cut, 7 weeks ago, my hair cutting dude said, "I don't want to alarm you, but have you been under a lot of stress or anything lately? You have quite a bit of breakage going on." So I automatically assumed I was way over stressed and/or dying and proceeded to worry about all the random wispy pieces of hair that were popping up all over the top of my head and around the sides. Well, about a week ago, after my run, I yanked out my Goody StayPut No Slide Headband and the little light bulb went off (I never claimed to be quick). Sure enough, all the breakage was at the top of my head exactly where that thing sits. So last Saturday, I went in to see him and reported that not only was I not stressed out but I was perfectly healthy, thankyouverymuch, and it was simply my headband that was causing the breakage. He was totally alarmed "Well, I suggest you stop wearing them immediately!" so I laughed and informed him that I was not changing a single thing this close to my race and I would just deal with crazy broken hair for a little while longer. He was appalled at this. Pursed his lips and cut my hair way too short.

3. Got a very slow, yet productive 7.5 mile run in the books yesterday followed by a quick 5 miler today. I'm taking tomorrow off then plan on running a shorty on Saturday and hopefully a nice long 10 miler on Sunday a.m.......after my boys serve me breakfast in bed of course!

4. I cannot, no matter how many test runs I do, decide what top to wear next Sunday. Sleevless? T-shirt? Super-duper moisture wicking mega expensive shirt? My "I Rock" over a picture of a rocking chair shirt?? I am assuming it will be a bit chilly at the start (7:00am) and so I think I'll end up wearing some kind of zip up thing that I can take off and toss, never to be seen again, but the rest of it I'm still quite unsure of. Why oh why is there so much to fret about?

5. Today I received my official "e-card confirmation" to be printed out and taken, under lock and key, to the official pre-race pick up site along with official photo id where I will then be handed my official bib number. I read through all the super important details and one thing stood out as the most important bit of information of all: "Runners will also find coupons on the bottom of the bib for their t-shirt, finisher coin, post-race massage and a visit to the Michelob Ultra beer garden. " Beer Garden??? Did they say Beer Garden? Why the hell didn't anyone tell me this weeks ago? Suddenly I'm not quite as nervous! I'll just keep telling myself that there is a beer garden at the finish line! It's all so perfect and totally worth the hair breakage if you ask me.

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

I smiled at the thought of your wearing the "I Rock" shirt--very cute! I think that gets my vote. :)

The beer garden sounds like fun, indeed. What a fun thing to run toward! LOL

chia said...

If they have Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime at the beer garden, you absolutely have to try it.

I worried way too much about my appearance at my half too. I wore way too much clothing and really should have taken advantage of checking a bag.

You're going to do great!!!