Pages

4.08.2008

Best Year Ever

Today is my 38th birthday. And I only mention this because (a) I love birthdays, love 'em!, and (b) I can honestly say for the very first time ever that I have never felt better about where I am right now and that I am in the best shape of my life and man does that feel good!
I have two boys, a 5-year-old and a 7- (2 weeks shy of 8!) -year old and never in a million (or 38!) years thought that at this point in my life I'd be feeling like this. So that was just a little self-shout-out but really, come on all you mommies, I know you know what I mean! That's what running does for me and I'm sure you too!

Here was "Today's Birthday" horoscope from The Washington Post:
"You're doing your thing this year, developing your talent to the next level. What comes as a result of your efforts is big - the likes of which you've only dreamed about."

Wow! Is it just me, or is that a sign? I'm totally going to finish that half marathon! (In other freaky signs, pretty wacky that the half is 39 days away!! Get it? It's the beginning of my 39th year? Insert Twilight Zone music here...) Got my 4 miles done yesterday and some nice strength training in as well. I'm taking today off then it's 5 miles for tomorrow. Hopefully I can fit it in while Quinn is at preschool because I also have to head up to the elementary school and register him for kindergarten - yahoo! That is a seriously great birthday present!

8 comments:

E said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Today is my birthday too, so I'll do the happy dance for both of us. :)

Topher said...

38? Are you serious? I have little kids the same age, I'm only 33 but I think I look 43. Your husband looks way young, too. What's ya'lls secret?

Happy Birthday!

Lesley Looper said...

Have a great birthday! Love the horoscope too, how appropriate!

Enjoy your day, and have a wonderful year!

gertru said...

happy birthday! Today is my birthday too. Have a nice day!

chia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

The best feeling of your life is to be an inspiration to your kids. I'm 49 with a 10 & an 8 year old. They know running is my passion, and your kids will too.

Happy Birthday! And congrats on looking and feeling great!

Steel Magnolia said...

Happy Birthday! I know mine is in 20 days (33) and I'm in the best shape I've ever been in too and it makes me oh so happy!! I have 3 boys-3 and twins 14 months. Good job with all of your training-you rock!!

Julie D said...

Very late, but happy birthday!

Great to know that you are in excellent shape... I can totally relate.