I started this blog to record my journey from slacker to half marathoner and then to a Boston Marathon finisher. It has evolved greatly and now, for my next adventure, it will record my journey of starting a small business and of course all of my running and kitchen adventures!
3.09.2008
slouch
So I freaked out about the weather and jumped on the treadmill for my long run yesterday morning. The winds were crazy, we had rain and hail and it was just plain nasty. I can be a bit of an impulse decision maker type person which is why I just assumed that what I saw yesterday morning was what was to be for the rest of the weekend. Today, it was cold, not doubt about that, but the winds died down and the sun was about as bright as could be. So imagine my feeling of schmuckyness when I was out and about today running random errands and saw no less than 150 runners. They were everywhere!! I can only equate it to when you think you might be pregnant (sorry guys) and you are really hoping you are (although I would suppose this would work even more so if you were hoping you were not!) and all you see are pregnant women? Do you know what I'm talking about? So there they were - out by the bazillions. All bundled up and wearing big fat smiles running their asses off. I had to keep reminding myself that it was ok that I wasn't running today since I ran 9 yesterday and I'm trying to be smart given this stupid pain and that I shouldn't be running no matter what the sun is doing but damn! It sucked seeing them all out today!! I really hope the sun is out again tomorrow since I can now run in the evenings again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I got a double whammy.
I saw two pregnant women running.
Now that was trippy.
Post a Comment