Since I'm sitting here watching my kids trash the house on this last (hooray!) day of Spring Break and not running (again), I thought it would be a great time to get my race schedule all planned out. Nothing like convincing yourself you can do multiple races during a week in which you have (a) only run 3 miles, (b) had more pieces of cake than will be mentioned here, (c) actually partied like a rock star on St. Patrick's day and as a result, may still be peeing green, (d) I think I just figured out why I've only run 3 miles this week...., (e) will probably need a medic when I attempt my next 'long run', (f) what was I talking about again?

Ok, so. Here we go. That running store I'm still scared of, Potomac River Running (do you think if I give them a shout out enough times, someone from the store will actually drive to my house, put there arm around me and take me to the store?) does this cool thing called The 2008 Loudoun Race Series. The PR garb on Washington Running Report goes like this: "Six premier events in Loudoun County, Virginia have joined together to form the Loudoun Race Series, presented by Potomac River Running. Participants in all six events will receive a commemorative short sleeve technical t-shirt." I fully admit, I'll do anything for a free t-shirt. The Van Metre 5 mile race I did last weekend was the first of the 6 events so I figure I should go for the next 5! Especially since 2 of them, I did last year and was already planning on doing again this year (The Twilight 4 Miler and the Freeze Your Gizzard 5k).
The next race in the series is being held on April 20th - "Run for the Shelter Half-Marathon and 5k". I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to do the 1/2 marathon. Well, I take that back, I think (think) I could do it but I've kind of got my heart set on the Marine Corps Half being my very first half. Probably because my parents are coming up from South Carolina, my husband and boys are going to be there and it's just become this big event for me. My only wish: I wish I had known there was a freaking half marathon being held in my town before I registered for the Marine Half....would have saved everyone a ton of hotel money! So, having said all that, and basically talking myself out of the 1/2 unless someone talks me into it, I'll stick with the 5k.
After that race, is the Twilight 4-Miler on June 28th which I participated in last summer and had a blast. Then there is the Leesburg 10k and 20k on August 10th (I'll be signing up for the 10k....not the 20k!) then the series ends with two 5k's - the 5k Race for Education on October 28th and the Freeze Your Gizzard 5k on November 22nd. Pretty cool, right?
These six races will take me through the rest of the year. And, of course my two half marathons - Marine Corps in May and Baltimore Running Festival in October - will be tossed in there as well. Whew! I think that's about it. Oh wait, I just remembered, there is a 5k on May 10th being organized by the family of a little girl that my youngest son went to preschool with. I have to do that one, without a doubt. So now I have one big question looming: how the hell am I going to afford food after paying all these registration fees??
The next race in the series is being held on April 20th - "Run for the Shelter Half-Marathon and 5k". I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to do the 1/2 marathon. Well, I take that back, I think (think) I could do it but I've kind of got my heart set on the Marine Corps Half being my very first half. Probably because my parents are coming up from South Carolina, my husband and boys are going to be there and it's just become this big event for me. My only wish: I wish I had known there was a freaking half marathon being held in my town before I registered for the Marine Half....would have saved everyone a ton of hotel money! So, having said all that, and basically talking myself out of the 1/2 unless someone talks me into it, I'll stick with the 5k.
After that race, is the Twilight 4-Miler on June 28th which I participated in last summer and had a blast. Then there is the Leesburg 10k and 20k on August 10th (I'll be signing up for the 10k....not the 20k!) then the series ends with two 5k's - the 5k Race for Education on October 28th and the Freeze Your Gizzard 5k on November 22nd. Pretty cool, right?
These six races will take me through the rest of the year. And, of course my two half marathons - Marine Corps in May and Baltimore Running Festival in October - will be tossed in there as well. Whew! I think that's about it. Oh wait, I just remembered, there is a 5k on May 10th being organized by the family of a little girl that my youngest son went to preschool with. I have to do that one, without a doubt. So now I have one big question looming: how the hell am I going to afford food after paying all these registration fees??
1 comment:
don't be afraid of PRR, it's an awesome store! And definitely go for the series, those are all great races. And another tee shirt, who couldn't use one of those! :)
Post a Comment