
Not long ago, I was giving a great opportunity to contribute to a running/fitness blog for Moms, blogMommyblog via the SeeMommyRun website. There are several of us moms over there writing about running, fitness, kids and life in general and it's really a great group. They are supportive and funny and I love being a part of it. Through this relationship, I was recently sent a fabulous sample of chips from Corazonas to try. The deal was, try them then let people know what you think. Never one to turn down food, I agreed but to be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't expecting to like them (I have never met a 'healthy' chip that I like) and therefore, wasn't planning on ever having to write about them.
Hello! Wrong again! These chips are so damn good! According to the folks at Corazonas, the chips are "...made from oats and plant sterols, our tortilla chips have been proven to lower cholesterol". When I opened the "original" flavor, I could see the oats right there in the chip which surprised me for some reason. I even held it up for my husband to see, "Look! You can see oats! That must be good!" The surprising thing about the original flavor was that although they'd be great with either salsa or guacamole, they were fantastic on their own. I'm not usually a plain chip kind of gal, I like my dip. They had that salty taste to them which, as far as I'm concerned, you have to have in a chip but when I looked at the back of the bag expecting to see them loaded with sodium, this is what I saw: 70mg of sodium per serving. That is nothing! And it says right on the bag "contains less than 2% of sea salt"! Good news for someone like me that is really trying to watch my salt intake. The rest of the numbers were great as well: 3gm of fiber, 2gm of protein, 140 calories...not bad for a great snack!
On to the next flavor, and my favorite of the bunch, Baja Bean Dip. These need no dip at all. The flavor is incredible. A bit spicy, a lot tangy and just overall yum (OK, professional food critic I am not!). I handed the bag over to my husband to try. A man of few words, his eyes got big and he said "Wow. That's a good chip!" I took the bag away and proceeded to eat the rest of the bag all by myself over the next couple of days. No sharing. I'm going to go try and find them so I can load up because I think eating these would be a much better habit than those cinnamon and sugar chip-things-that-shall-not-be
So that is my official Corazonas review. Again, they are not paying me to talk about them, I got the samples because they are sponsors over at SeeMommyRun but there were no strings attached. It's just a good product. And they have a bunch of other flavors including, salsa picante, jalapeno jack (SO good!), and margarita lime.
Edited to Add: I just opened the Salsa Picante right now and it is almost as good as the Baja Bean flavor. Oh. My. Gosh. Need to go on that road trip this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment