Hello, my name is Renae and I am a broccoholic.
Witness exhibit A which I took this morning (exhibit B would be a photo of my stomach but I'll spare you that...your welcome for the scary mental image though):
And that's not all of it. If I had taken the photo two days ago, there would have been more but, uh, I ate it.
Holy crap. Who has an addiction to broccoli?? I'm a total freak. That giant bag in the back of the photo? I picked that up at Costco on Tuesday. Knowing full well that I had all that frozen stuff and a smaller bag (which is now gone) in the fridge at home. And, when I got home from Costco, I opened it before putting it away, dumped a bunch in a bowl and ate it with hummus for my snack. I need help. Serious help.
I don't even want to know what's going on inside my stomach but from the sounds and site of things, it can't be good.
I went to the gym today for my cross training day and rowed for 25 minutes followed by the stationary bike for 20 minutes. Hopefully that will help rid me of all that broccoli because I need to make room for more...I don't think I could handle throwing all that beautiful green stuff away.
UPDATE:
I just pulled dinner out of the oven.
4 comments:
haaaaaaaaaaaaa. I eat spinach and broccoli EVERY day! Seriously. Good thing the Captain thinks gas is funny. ha ha. When artichokes are in season, we go to town on those too. Just adds to the romance each night.
Yay!!! It's always easier to have an addiction if you are not the only one.
I just put a frozen pizza in the oven and I swear, it's 'Amy's Pesto w/ broccoli and tomatos!' Can't even go a day without.
I like broccoli, it's easy to cook and always for sale at Giant. You don't even have to slice it, just steam it til it falls apart then pick it out of the pot and eat it. That after work, and some Cheeze-its, and a couple of Sam Adams and I'm good to go til morning. (Can you tell I'm a bachelor?) Before a race I'll cook salmon though, 20 minutes at 400 degrees with Teriaki sauce poured over it, make sure you lay down aluminum foil first in the pan so you don't have to scrub anything, and the mushy brocoli (no Cheeze-its on pre-race nights) and the aforementioned libation and you're carbo-loaded and ready for the morrow. Eating for running is simple, really.
I think you need a broccoli intervention!!! I'm happy to organise one for you. I'll bring some chocolate and a bottle of wine - hahahaha.
Post a Comment