Pages

12.03.2007

Say What?

Comments from random women at the bus stop:

Woman #1: "You are the runner, right?"
Me: "Oh yeah. I have probably run by your house."
Woman #1: "Yes, I knew you were because I've seen you and also you've got those runner thighs" (said while pointing at my thighs and with a totally indescribable look on her face.)

While trying to decide if I was just insulted, Woman #2 chimes in with this number:
"oh yeah! I've seen you running!"
Me: "Oh?"
Woman #2: "Yes! I saw you running in the rain the other day! You are totally nuts!"
Me: "Uh, oh, uh, well, I enjoy it."

Ugh.

3 comments:

Nans26.2 said...

I just stumbled onto your blog thru RunnersLounge. Loved reading about your training for a 1/2M! Awesome. I enjoy your wit and honesty.

You are doing marvelously. Major pats on back. Bragging rights rule.

Keep up the awesome job!

renae said...

Thanks so much!!!

Topher said...

Hopefully you took the opportunity to give them the impression that you're not only nuts, but certifiably psycho and that the reason you run by their house is that the voices in your head told you that [whatever crazy story you want]. Then suddenly running in the rain alone won't seem so crazy to them. And then proceed to ask them when the last time they ran a half marathon.

enjoy your blog. keep running and stay warm.

Topher
www.illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com