I was going to go out for a short 4 or 5 mile run today but I just don't think my legs are ready. They are a bit tight after running 2 days in a row so I think rather than push it, I'll hang out here with my strength dvd and my hand weights. The only downer is that my husband is heading for the airport as we speak which means I wont have the opportunity to run until Wednesday when Q is in preschool. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself tomorrow for not running today when I had the chance to do it.
Last weeks numbers were not bad - a total of 16.5 miles - but I really think maybe it's time for me to start bumping those numbers up. This weeks long run was supposed to be 9 again (in keeping with my run the long run two weeks in a row before adding another mile) but as I mentioned, at the end of the 8 on the 8th, I just didn't have another mile in me. Actually, I think I just totally wimped out at the sight of my front door but that's another issue. So I'll have to get the 9 in this week. Blah, blah, blah.....
Until Wednesday, I'll just keep my boring ass inside with my advil-coffee cocktail surrounded by my small people and their snotty noses.
No comments:
Post a Comment