Pages

12.17.2007

Holiday Parties Make Running Impossible

I didn't run a single mile this weekend. We drove up to Philly for a Christmas party on Saturday and I suppose I could have been an incredibly dedicated runner girl and gotten up on Sunday for a run around my step-sister's neighborhood but (a) it was pouring, and (b) we went to bed at 4:00am and I am not longer 21 so I was having a hard time walking let alone running.
We are back home today and the winds are out of control. It is 22 this morning and I know people run in 22 degree weather but the wind is blowing so hard that it knocked down a tree out front which is now laying across the street so I'm thinking to myself "If the wind can take down that big ass tree, it could take me down." and have bagged the idea of running yet again. Maybe when my husband is done working, I'll go fight with the treadmill.

At the party, I met a guy who ran the New York City Marathon this year. He was really funny and had a ton of fantastic stories to tell. Sometimes when people find out what I'm training for, I get a little nervous to talk about it but this guy was full of inspiration and great tips and was really encouraging so I was feeling pretty pumped about the entire thing. It made me wish I had a runner friend or two to talk about this addiction with! Have you ever found that non-runners get this glazed over look in their eyes? After they tell you your nuts of course.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

that glazed over look? oh yes, very familiar. this is why they invented blogs.