Pages

11.26.2007

I Survived Thanksgiving

So the eating holiday is finally over. My house guests are gone and what remains of the muffins and cakes and pies and brownies and cookies...well, you get the point...is all going in the trash! I have never done so much grazing in my life. I'm so glad it's over. I did manage to get in a couple of runs in between eating. On Tuesday, I got my short run of 4 miles in then on Wednesday I went out for the long run of the week. I did the 8 mile route again to make sure that the first time wasn't a fluke. And guess what? It wasn't! I ran 8 again! I was so excited about it that as soon as I got home, I went on Gmaps Pedometer to find another mile to add on to it. Then on Saturday, I went for another short run of 4.2 miles. Saturday's run wasn't the easiest. The first 2 miles were filled with me cursing all of the above mentioned food but once I got in the groove, the last 2.2 went pretty well. I'm hoping to get out there today again then I'm going to try for 9 on Wednesday! I feel good about how I'm adding miles at this point. My short runs need to increase a bit though, I'm just not sure by how much.

No comments: