In my on-line self diagnosing work, I've come up with three possibilities:
1. My Achillies Tendinitis has returned which I really hope isn't the case and I'm leaning away from it because this doesn't feel quite the same as that did when I was diagnosed with it back in May.
2. Anterior Shin Splints. According to Cool Running, it sounds sort of like what they describe: "pain in the front and outer edge of your legs. If the strain continues, it is possible that micro-fractures may form in your tibia; these are stress fractures. There won't be a sudden break, just a gradual increase in pain until it becomes quite severe. If you have extreme shin pain, see a doctor for an x-ray. If you have only mild pain, it's probably shin splints (but if the pain does not respond to remedies after a few days, go see a doctor; it may be a stress fracture after all)." which sounds rather scary so I'd like for it not to be that either. They don't mention the foot part of the equation so I don't know if that rules out the shin splints.
3. My shoes are either too small or I'm tying them too tight. I've read this in several places. Obviously, this is the one I'm hoping wins.
Soooo, I'll get myself some new fancy kicks and see if that helps. Also, I need to find some good stretches. I need to get out and do my long run tomorrow so fingers crossed I don't have a problem. I'm going to tie my shoes as loose as possible though!

In other news, I read that the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz finally got there much deserved star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. How exciting is that? You can keep those damn scary flying monkeys, but who doesn't love those Munchkins?? Way to go guys - you rock!
3 comments:
Found your blog through CRN - great blog and story. I love your sidebar about you! Running is funny and painful (some days) all at the same time. Shoes and stretching seem to be good solutions - as well as a constant dose of advil or Aleve - taken a few times a day without fail! Good luck!
PS - LOVE! the tip about the shirts - they are perfect for Xmas gifts!
Thanks Amy! I am a big fan of the Advil, that's for sure!
I agree about the shirts! They are so cute!
okay, here's where I am: I read "munchkins" and thought, "ooh, donuts!" Must go to Dunkin'...
Post a Comment