Pages

8.08.2012

New to Me Deal Site

I just discovered GroopDealz.  Have you seen this site?  Like other deal sites, there is a different deal each day.  If you purchase something, you receive a link to share with friends.  Anytime three people purchase from your link, you get $5 off a future purchase.  Today I bought this in yellow:

Love that yellow!  I typically wear very neutral colors but this fall, thanks to being inspired by Pinterest, I'm determined to add pops of color to all my outfits this fall.  Hopefully once it arrives, it wont be one of those things I love but don't have the actual guts to wear.

This pin is what prompted me to purchase the yellow necklace:

While I wait for my new necklace to arrive, I'll just have to wear this outfit I put together with a new yellow scarf I found at The Gap:
Trying to rock color
Not sure why I'm standing like my bored 12-year-old.  Anyway, the tank is blue, kind of hard to tell in this photo.  I think I like the green/blue/yellow combo.  But is it too much color?  Hmmmm....

Speaking of Pinterest, I've already mentioned that I'm totally obsessed and spend way more time browsing then I care to admit but now, thank you Pinterest, I'm even more obsessed with Polyvore!  It is similar to Pinterest only with clothes.  You can follow members, 'like' their sets and collections, and create your own perfect outfits.  I tried to create a couple outfits but it just stressed me out....I am horrible at dressing myself, that's why I need Pinterest and Polyvore....so I am sticking with following, liking and pinning.  I've gotten a ton of great ideas and I think it really helped when I was cleaning out my closet.  I had a better idea of what to keep and what to toss once I started putting outfits together.  What a concept, I know.  Now my 'My Style' board on Pinterest is becoming as full as all my food boards!

2 comments:

Meli Anna A said...


*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`love the post! ♥

http://www.runningonthewall.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that outfit with the colors...you rock it well! :-)

mara