Pages

5.30.2012

Hiatus

It's been so long since I've blogged.  So long that I can't even remember how long it's been!  I mentioned a few times, a while back, that my father was having some health issues.  Things got worse and everything in my life got put on hold.  It has been a very, very difficult time for my family going back as far as two years but more intensely since Thanksgiving.

It's time for me to try and pick up and get back on track.  Start to try and live my life again which is really, really hard.  I take great comfort in working out with my friends, talking/reading/learning all things nutrition and just generally learning how to live a healthier life.  My father's illness and my desire to learn from it and try and help him is what led me to choose to ditch animal proteins and go forward living a plant based diet.  I hate to say vegetarian or vegan because I don't care to be judged by others, but that's what has happened.  And, since my last posting, it's how things have remained.  It's not easy.  Well, that's not exactly true.  For the most part, it is easy.  It's only hard when I go out.  Seriously.  Why offer sauteed veggies only to saute them in butter AND chicken broth??  But I digress.  And I ramble.  It's what I do.  I feel great and don't miss meat or fish or dairy in the least.

My point is, I'm trying to get back to the things I love and that make me feel a little better, a little more in control of life: fitness, nutrition, blogging.   It's good to be back!

No comments: