Pages

10.03.2011

Rain, Rain, Rain

I heard the other day that we only had one day of sun in the entire month of September.  Looks like October is starting out the same way.  Seriously.  It's like winter arrived over night!  When it's cold, and dark and rainy out, I like to have a warm lunch so today, I grabbed whatever veggies were closest to me and threw them in a pan.

Zucchini and a few grilled artichokes (found those little puppies at Wegmans and was crazy excited because I love artichokes but want someone else to do all the work for me!).

Once they got just a bit warm, I threw in two big handfuls of spinach.

Isn't it incredible how so much spinach can turn into such a tiny amount once cooked down?  Yum...love me some cooked spinach.  I ate it up along side a bit of leftover wild rice.

And yes, I know, my food photos are certainly not going to win me any awards but you just have to trust me on this one.  For a 5 minute throw together lunch, it was damn tasty.  And very, very filling.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I have to be honest and tell you that I've been reading your blog for almost a year, but never made a peep until now! Just wanted to let you know I have thoroughly enjoyed all your posts, beginning with your first half to your Boston full. Your blog is what encouraged me to start mine, and I found a lot of inspiration from your entries to run my own first half. I think you're an amazing runner and a very great writer- I'm glad to see you have returned!!

renae said...

Ok, seriously Danielle...you made me cry on my millet and flax toast with dairy free cream cheese! Wow. Thank you for that. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself, it's nice to know there is someone out there reading! Congratulations on your half and thank you again... very, very sweet. And now YOU have inspired me to continue blogging!!

Danielle said...

damn! I hate it when I cry in my millet and flax toast! Sorry to make you do that ;)