Pages

5.17.2011

Kale!

I decided to give kale a second chance.  I posted a while back about my attempt at making kale chips.  Kale chips seem to be all the rage among healthy eating bloggers.  I really didn't like them.  In fact, the entire sheet pan of kale ended up in the trash.

Since I'm back on my green smoothie kick, I decided to change things up a bit and swap out my spinach for some kale.  Success!!  I was incredibly pleased with the results, yay!  In fact, it was so good that I forgot to take a photo!

In the vitamix I dumped 3/4 cup of water, 3 heaping handfuls of kale, 8ish strawberries, 1 banana, 2 dates, 2 tsp of flax seeds and ice.  I do have to say that it smelled horrible.....usually not a good sign!  But the taste was great, very straberryish.  I think I'll ad a half of a cucumber next time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

if you want to try more kale, try this: http://wp.me/pRJft-fP creamy peanut butter & kale pasta. sounds odd but I gave it a try and LOVED it.