| Taken from my kitchen. To the right is the front entrance, to the left is the living room |
| View from the front entrance. This is what greets you as you walk into my home....beautiful. |
The table, which I thought would be used as an actual table where people would, I don't know, eat, is instead a dumping ground for anything you happen to have in your hands when you walk in the door. And whatever ends up there, typically stays. When I took the photo above, my boys were in school so the backpacks that are normally on the chairs are missing. But see all the coats? There are four of them...and the kids are not home! And on the table....10 glow in the dark bugs, random lego pieces and a half built lego police van, candles that I thought would jazz up the joint, school library books and my shoes on the floor. Nice. The entire thing gives me an overwhelming feeling of oogieness due to clutter. It's not good.
As of right now, I'm thinking about getting the table and chairs out of there. It would open the area up nicely and it would force people to put their crap elsewhere. Then for the wall, I'm thinking about taking the big photos down (same with that stupid flower picture you can see half of on the left) and creating some kind of photo gallery wall. Pottery Barn is the inspiration. I'll probably do all white frames and some black and white shots. Along with some other art type pieces. I'm so good at explaining my vision....gah! Here is one example of a gallery wall that I really love - from The Nester who is totally brilliant, by the way.
![]() | |
| Gallery Wall from The Nester |
What do you think? I've been spending an obscene amount of time on design/decorating blogs and my head is swirling with possibilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment