Pages

11.03.2010

A Reminder

Now that I'm on day 3 post marathon, I'm doing what I assume all other marathoners at this point do....questioning if I could have pushed just a little bit harder.  Run just a little bit faster.  I missed a 4 hour goal by 5 minutes...really?  How did that happen?  My hips didn't hurt that bad, did they?  Running a marathon is not all that unlike child birth, you forget the pain and just have the accomplishment - baby or big shiny medal - to think about.  If we remembered the pain, we would all only have one child and one shiny medal.  Fortunately, on day 3 post marathon, the fine folks at MarathonFoto make it their job to send you a picture that shows just how much pain you experienced.  Exhibit A taken somewhere around mile 24/25 (there is no Exhibit B because it simply isn't necessary, this is an open and shut case):
Ah!  Right!  Now I remember!  Instead of wondering how I missed a 4 hour goal by 5 minutes, I should be thankful that I didn't miss it by an hour!  That face says it all.  Every. Single. Step.  A shooting pain up the hip/butt.   I better burn this photo or there will never be another marathon.  Thank goodness no one took a picture of me when I was in labor with my first born.

No comments: