Today I met a dear friend for lunch that I haven't seen in forever. She works full time so I told her to pick the time and place that would fit into her schedule. Well, she chose Red Hot and Blue. Seriously. Have you been to this place? It's all pig and french fries. I know I'm getting a bit obsessive but I had no idea what to eat! The salads were all fried. The sandwiches were all pulled something "smotherd" in some kind of sauce. Ugh. So I finally settled on a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo. It was your standard grilled chicken breast, 1 big lettuce leaf and a sad slice of tomato served up on a big crunchy (and delicious) roll. And I ate the entire thing. Did I mention the side of fries? I know, I should have told them to hold the fries but I didn't and then I ate one and one led to about 20 more and, honestly, I don't really want to talk about it anymore. I feel like a mess. It's only Tuesday of my "I'm going to be good and healthy and perfectly wonderful this week!" week and I've already bonked. And no, that is not my stomach, I would never write on my stomach. That would just add insult to injury.
I'm keeping up with my workout end of the bargain though. Ran my 45 minute run both Sunday and Monday (did an hour on Saturday) and I also went to Body Pump yesterday. I have to say that taking 2 weeks off of any kind of exercise then jumping in with both feet (hardy har har har) is not exactly recommended. I'm walking around with quite the interesting limp. My legs are sore people!! I was actually going to skip today's run because I don't want to be unable to do a long run this weekend but we'll see. Maybe I'll find some running mojo tonight.
Also, I'm finally getting a training page started. There is a tab up top that will eventually take you to my training schedule for the Marine Corps Marathon with is only (gasp!) 15 weeks away! Time to get moving!! The plan officially starts on Sunday so I'll get up week one by tomorrow.

1 comment:
Very good.
Post a Comment