Pages

7.01.2010

Eggs for Lunch....Why Not?!

Today I went to Body Pump and had about the worst instructor ever.  Really awful.  Totally off beat the entire time and didn't call any of the exercises by their actual names.  For example, bent over rows were called "knees and squeezes" and dead lifts were called "hip hinges".  Seriously.  Beyond irritating.

When I got home, I decided to try and recreate my new favorite Starbucks drink, the chocolate banana Vivanno.  I don't have any protein powder though (still trying to decide what brand to go with) so I subbed a scoop of peanut butter for it.  I know, probably not quite as much protein, but what the hell.
1/2 cup almond milk
1 banana
1 tsp chocolate syrup (need to get a semi-healthy version of chocolate!)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 cup of ice
During the blending, I poured a bit of water in because it was quite thick. It was fantastic!!  Really, really good.  I would have liked more chocolate but since I was using the super crappy processed stuff, I went with only 1 teaspoon.  Even my 7-year-old liked this which is saying something because he saw that banana go in.

I am desperate to get to the grocery store because my fridge is totally empty - not a leaf of spinach or any greens to be found - so I had to get a bit creative for lunch.  I haven't had eggs in forever so I decided to go with that.

1 egg
1 whole wheat english muffin
2 tablespoons Guiltless Gourmet Spicy Black Bean Dip

I sprayed a small bowl with non-stick spray, beat the egg and microwaved it for 1:30.  Toasted the English muffin.  Smeared the bean dip on and popped on the egg.  Lunch served in about 2 minutes.  It may sound and look (maybe I shouldn't have posted a picture!) like a strange lunch but it was super good and really satisfying!  Next time, I'll add some spinach for sure.  And maybe fresh salsa!


Totally unrelated to anything, I was watching a recording of Cougar Town last night - I think it was last weeks episode - and at the end they were playing this song that I just loved but had never heard before.  Google to the rescue!  The song, Leave Your Boyfriends Behind is by Leona Naess.  I pulled it up on iTunes and ended up downloading a bunch of her songs.  Some of her stuff is really slow and mellow but I did find some catchy songs that I bought.  I love finding a new artist.  Here is the Boyfriend song from YouTube. The sound is a little odd in the very beginning.  Just give it a minute.

No comments: