
Yup. I'm in. I can't believe I forgot to post about this but I'm going to be doing the Ragnar Relay in September! I know!! I was asked by a couple of friends to join their team and to be honest, had never heard of the Ragnar series. They had to fill me in that it is a 11-person relay race that starts in Cumberland, Maryland and ends down in D.C.....193 miles people!
Each participant runs 3 legs ranging from 4 to 8 miles each. It's supposed to be a ton of fun so I'm really looking forward to it. Here is a little blip about it from Ragnar's site:
This 193 mile adventure-fest will push you and 11 pals through the stunning scenery of the Potomac River Valley. Starting in the Appalachian town of Cumberland, MD, your team will head east along the C & O Canal as it snakes along the Potomac, around night fall you'll get off the trail and run through the quiet streets of many charming historic Civil War-Era towns, ultimately passing within the shadows of the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. The race (and your stamina) wraps in the heart of the nation's capitol.
Also, Active has a good article on the Utah race here. I'm all jazzed about it, I think it will be a really good time and certainly an experience I wont soon forget! Anyone ever done one of these before?
In training news, I had to miss track last night because my husband had a business dinner to attend so I did a 6.8 mile tempo run after my strength training class instead. It was a really great run that I finished in 54 minutes so I was happy with that. The fact that the weather here in DC has been damn near perfect lately certainly helped. I can't imagine any other July when I would have been able to go out for a run of almost 7 miles at 1:00 in the afternoon and be comfortable during it!
I'm either going to do an easy 3-miles today or just a dvd of some kind because tomorrows long run calls for 10-12. I will get up and run with the group at 6:30am! I will!!!
10 comments:
It seems like everyone is getting in on the relays. They sound like so much fun!
I'm doing the Wild West Relay in August in Colo. and it's my first. I'm super excited! I think it's gonna be a blast. I'm sure yours will be too. :)
I just learned about the Ragnar Relays recently, and am so impressed that you're on a team! It sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to updates.
Geez, what a crazy relay! But should be a total blast -- can't wait to hear about it!
Just came across your blog.
You'll love the Ragnar relay! I've run the Utah Ragnar twice, and it's seriously one of my favorite races of all time. There's just something awesome about running with 11 other people through all hours of the night. You'll love it, I guarantee it!
I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list.
I use to date a guy who ran in a Ragner Relay and he said it was hard but so much fun! I would love to do one someday. Congrats for joining a team and good luck!
How's Ragnar training going?
Thank you very much
Thank you so much for this beautiful Article
Thank you so much for this beautiful Article
Post a Comment