The other day I was bouncing around web and found so many cool new blogs. One in particular that I really love is The Beholder. She is so stinking hilarious! I wish I could remember how I found her but it was one of those click click click days where you can't remember where it all began! She is training for her first half marathon but her site is full of so much more fun stuff than just running. In fact, she is currently walking me (ok, all her readers but I like to think it's all for me!) though expert mascara application! Anyway, other than mentioning her just so you too can get a laugh a day by reading her blog, I also mention her because it was on her site that I found Yuri the Canadian Hottie Trainer Dude. Yuri is officially my new trainer...he just doesn't know it. I'm all over his YouTube videos like a pig in shit. Besides the fact that he is fun to look at, he has some really great workout clips and tips.
Check him out with a foam roller showing me how to loosen up all the "gunk and toxic buildup" in my IT band (I had no idea I had toxic buildup, this explains so much!). Then he goes on to fix my T.F.L, yet another thing I didn't know I had but clearly mine is tight/sore/stiff because that pigeon pose is one of my favorite things about my yoga dvd. And he says "bum"! Love that. I didn't know Canadians said bum.
And here he is with an awesome core workout he calls the "Super Abs" workout. I'm going to do this one for sure minus the leg pull ups because I don't have a bar. I've done the roll ins with the stability ball and while hard, they really work.
Had a great 10-mile run today followed by a super yummy vanilla yogurt/handful of strawberries/handful of blueberries smoothie....yum! Hubs and I are supposed to be heading to the Nationals/Cardinals game tonight but I'm being a wee bit whiny about it because it's chilly and rainy. Blah. We have four tickets for tomorrow afternoon's game when we will be taking the kids so I think it's total fine for me to be all anti-tonight's game. Right?
3 comments:
thanks for the yuri links! those workouts do look pretty intense...
Just exploring your site - sooooo glad I found it! I'm waving hello from the other end of the Commonwealth. I hope the Nats game ends up NOT being lame.
Yuri is tremendous! Thanks for posting the videos..
Post a Comment