I've spent a good majority of the week in here:
I finally created a 'message center' inside one of my kitchen cabinets:

I had seen this idea somewhere a long time ago and kept saying, "I really need to do that". This seemed the perfect time. So I got some cork squares at the craft store, cut them to size to fit inside the little lip of the cabinet, used the double sided tape that came with it and ta-da! Instant message center! That's just my grocery list hanging up there for now but it'll be full of all kinds of random notes in no time. I even went a step further and hot glued buttons (I used Elmers first but they didn't hold very well. Hot glue will stick anything to anything...including your fingers to your fingers....) on the top of the tacks to add a little interest and color:
Yeah, I know...I really need to sign up for another race.I also went shopping for a trash can! I know! Can you stand the excitement? Our kitchen is so small that there really isn't any place to put a free standing trash can but the one that came installed (one of those pull out numbers) is so small that I'm constantly taking the trash out. Look at this pretty big 'ol thing I saw at Home Goods:
.jpg)
Pretty sexy for a trash can, eh? It's going to have to work. It's pretty skinny so I'm just going to try and live with the fact that it's slightly obstructing the doorway to the dining room. We'll see how long it lasts before it's sent elsewhere.
I've also finally had the time to sit (sit!!) and catch up on my reading:
I have a bit of a magazine addiction but since I've been spending every spare minute either running or going to the gym, these babies have been stacking up big time. There is nothing better than hanging out on the couch with a cup of tea (or wine if it's in the p.m.) and a shiny new magazine!! Oh my hear is just going pitter patter!I also finally went to the doctor about my ear. I think I mentioned when my kids had the flu that I had a bit of an ear ache. Of course I ignored it and just lived with the pain and the fact that I couldn't hear out of it. Two days before the marathon, it got pretty swollen so I promised myself that I'd have it checked out after the marathon (can I just say that if I had a nickel for every time I said, "I'll do it after the marathon"?). I went in on Monday morning and apparently I ignored it for a bit too long:
Sigh. Two types of antibiotics, Tylenol with Codeine (whoo-hoo!) and Motrin for the swelling. Not to mention a nice little scolding from the nice doctor. Whoops.Oh! And I made a massive batch of these:
And most importantly, I had lunch with a friend. Lunch! In the middle of the day!! It has been so long since I've done that. I forgot how nice it feels not having to be at the gym or on a run and just be able to sit and catch up with a friend!
I did manage to drag my ass to the gym for my strength training class on Tuesday. It wasn't bad, it actually felt kind of good to move around and wake all my muscles up. I went back today and since I now feel 99%, it was great. My energy level took a while to get back up to speed. I was dragging until about Wednesday. I haven't run yet though. Maybe tomorrow.....if I'm not too busy.
1 comment:
Thanks for that cookie link. There are so many cool recipes on that site! I'm going to try some!
Post a Comment