I went to my strength training class today. I know, I know....not advised. And please don't tell my mother because she specifically told me not to go and the last time I did something she told me not to....shudder.....lets just say it wasn't pretty and it involved flying utensils. Anyhoo, it was all good because I only did the upper body stuff and I did that with very light 8 lb weights. I mostly went to see all those friendly faces and to get out of the house. It actually was really good. Everyone was super sweet and wishing me luck and they really got me back into it and excited again.
After, I headed over to Target because as I'm sure you all know, nothing brings a girl out of a slump then that big 'ol red bulls eye. I had to get a cupcake holder. Did you know these things existed?? Quinn's 6th birthday party tomorrow is at Chuck E Cheese (gag) and I was wondering how the heck I'd get all the cupcakes there without major damage. So this is what it looks like:

Crazy incredible, right? I had no idea there was such a thing. I have now decided that it may have taken me almost 9 years but purchasing this baby today officially gives me The Mom Card. I also got all the random dollar store crap for the goodie bags. It's so funny to me how much kids love the birthday party goodie bags. It's like swag for kids. So I was shaking my head as I loaded up on plastic yo-yos, Sponge Bob bouncy balls, and plastic wrist puzzle thingys when I realized how excited I get when I get handed a plastic bag full of crap at a race. I immediately run back to the hotel room and dump that puppy out on the bed and squeal with delight at every little piece of junk. Lesson learned: Kids, they're just like us only smaller.
4 comments:
LOL, fun post! Glad to see your spirits lifting! :) Glad the boys are better, too.
You're going to do great, and yes, seeing that red bull's eye is like popping Prozac. I've been to Target at least 10 times in the last week.
Have a fun race! Have you ever been to the Container Store?
You are probably running right now, having a GREAT TIME!!! Can't wait to hear about it.
and yes, I too squeal at all the junk in those race bags. I wish they would give us some rubber balls though. :)
Post a Comment